2019/20 Engineering and Science Internship Program Placements Open
In the interests of developing future engineers and scientists, EEI wants to offer practical work experience to aspiring students. We offer you the opportunity for practical learning by working alongside a capable multi-disciplinary team on a diverse range of projects. The internship program is structured, with an aim to develop your skills to apply theoretical knowledge in practical situations, and to start your journey to become a good professional.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Active participation in the research and development of innovative technologies
· Supporting senior members in the preparation of project proposals and tenders
· Aiding senior members in engineering design and technical report writing
· Opportunities for both site, laboratory and computer modelling work, attending client meetings and developing presentation skills
What We're Looking For
· Enthusiastic penultimate, final year or recent graduate students of a civil/chemical/environmental/mechanical engineering or chemistry/physics background
· Motivation for excellence working both individually and in a team, and a passion for creative thinking to solve engineering problems
· A background knowledge of water chemistry, water and wastewater engineering, hydraulic engineering, or mechanical design (including drawing) would also be desirable but is not essential
We have vacancies for the voluntary engineering internship program that run through the university teaching and holiday periods. As this is a voluntary program, we are flexible with contact hours with an objective to achieve the best outcome for both parties.
To apply, please submit a short cover letter and resume to email@example.com